Here at the Maricopa County Democratic Party one of the most poignant and inspiring moments of the year is the presentation of the Jacqueline Adams Legacy of Service Awards. Jackie was not only a leader on our board, but also the heart and soul of our organization. We miss her every day. This award is a part of what we can do to remember her for the indelible mark she left on the Maricopa County Democratic Party. We hope that you will consider those volunteers and leaders in your community that embody the spirit of selfless service she displayed every day. We hope that you will join us for this year’s presentation ceremony which will be held in conjunction with MCDP’s annual Diamond Event. (Details on the Diamond Event Coming Soon.)
Call for Nominations2018 Jacqueline Adams Legacy of Service Awards
Click HERE to go to the submission form for each person.
MCDP Policy Regarding the Annual
"Jacqueline Adams Legacy of Service Awards" for 2018
Whereas on November 17, 2015, the Maricopa County Democratic Party (MCDP) Executive Board voted to institute an annual set of awards to be given out by MCDP that honors the legacy of service of the late Jacqueline Adams, andWhereas these awards shall be given out annually at the MCDP Diamond Event in the Spring of each year,
It is the policy of MCDP that each of these awards shall be styled as the "Jacqueline Adams Legacy of Service Award".
Further, it is the policy of MCDP, as determined by the Chair of MCDP, that the following criteria and dates apply to the nomination of persons to be considered eligible for these awards in the year 2018:
1. All Democratic precinct committee persons (elected and appointed PCs) in Maricopa County as of January 15, 2018 will be emailed a link to the nomination form on or before February 10, 2018;
2. The nomination form link will also be displayed on the MCDP website on or before February 10, 2018 and likely will be included in other emails sent out.
3. Each PC will be able to nominate at most one (1) woman and one (1) man each year;
4. Only Democratic PCs from Maricopa County (elected or appointed as of January 15, 2017) are eligible to submit nominations;
5. Nominees do not need to be PCs to be considered eligible to receive the award;
6. The nomination form shall indicate that PCs should nominate individuals whose service to our party (specifically to MCDP and multiple candidates at the legislative/county/local levels, rather than just in a single legislative district) and to our communities (for example, registration of Democratic voters and party building efforts in underrepresented communities), warrant acknowledgment as a "legacy of service" to the party, and the nomination form shall include space for PCs to indicate by essay of up to 200 words;
7. The close of nominations for 2018 shall be March 10, 2018;
8. The MCDP Executive Board shall select the two (2) nominees to receive the awards, one woman and one man, no later than March 17, 2018, and no current member of the MCDP Executive Board shall be eligible to receive the award;
9. The MCDP Chair shall select a suitable physical design for, and order the awards each year, and shall work with other Executive Board members and MCDP Staff to identify appropriate sponsors for the awards and for the Diamond Event itself;
10. The MCDP Chair shall present the awards to the nominees or their designees each year at the Diamond Event.