By now you've likely heard the bad news that the Governor and GOP legislative leaders have put together a budget for Arizona with plenty of secret, backroom deals.
Some of the unthinkable things their budget would do, include:
- K-12 schools are cut another $98 million this year and an additional $157 million next year.
- Community colleges in Maricopa, Pima, and Pinal counties are zeroed out completely -- they will get no state funding.
- Universities are cut 14% for a loss of another $104 million this year.
- $10 million in cuts to the Department of Child Safety.
- Cuts to hospitals and providers of $127 million over two years, which mean an additional loss of another $508 million in federal matching funds.
- $360 million is left untouched and unused in the Rainy Day fund.
- The remaining $883 million in corporate tax giveaways will go into effect in the next three years, and the existing $12.6 billion in special interest tax loopholes continue.
But YOU can do one thing right NOW to stop this tragedy from happening to our state. Contact your state senator and representatives at the following link and tell them to vote NO on this budget:
The Governor and GOP legislative leaders want to push this terrible budget through today and tomorrow with little or no public oversight.
Don't let that happen. Contact your legislators right now and tell them to vote NO. If they are already voting no, thank them. The time is now, and your legislators are waiting to hear from you:
Make your voice heard. Not just at election time, but right now on the state's budget.
Together, we can make a difference for our state and for ALL Arizonans.